Thursday, November 30, 2006

Rejection!

So, I'm just a few weeks from graduation, and I've started looking for a job. I've had 2 student jobs for awhile, one for 2 years and one for 10 months. I feel pretty qualified to work as a librarian, since I've been doing it for over 2 years now, so I felt pretty confident about my recent interview. After about 2 weeks I touched base with the library and they told me I had not been selected...which, I realize, you don't get every job you apply for...but, I already work at this library, as a librarian.

So I feel pretty confused, hurt, etc. The good news is, I could reapply and interview again; the bad news is that I have to keep working there through the end of the year knowing they don't want me; which makes me sad. Obviously I'm a professional and I don't buy into that whole "screw them" attitude that I've seen in others, and I will do my job proudly regardless. I just hope that this isn't a sign of things to come.

Hopefully one of the other jobs I applied for will pan out, I was hoping to be working in January full time, but I guess I have to wait and see what comes.

I hope everyone is staying warm and cozy as we head into December.
~Sarah

No comments: